It's going to be a baker's dozen's worth of Ashland University track and field athletes who will make their way to the 2019 NCAA Division II Outdoor Championships, May 23-25 in Kingsville, Texas.
As announced by the NCAA on Tuesday (May 14) afternoon, 13 Eagles will represent the program at outdoor nationals – nine men and four women. Ashland's men won the program's first NCAA Division II team national championship indoors in March. The Eagles will look to become the first D-II men's program to win the national title both indoors and outdoors in the same year since Saint Augustine's in 2014.
Senior Myles Pringle, a six-time individual/relay national champion and 17-time All-American, has qualified for four events in what will be his final collegiate meet – the 400-meter dash, 200 dash, high jump and as part of the 4x400 relay team, along with sophomores Trevor Bassitt and Channing Phillips, and freshman Tim Rumas.
Bassitt will go in the 4x4, 400 hurdles and 110 hurdles, while Phillips will be in the 4x4 and 400 dash, and junior Alex Hill will throw both the hammer and the discus. Joining Hill in the hammer are junior Nick Zak, sophomore Brent Fairbanks and senior Jim Toth, while junior Jake Glass will compete in the shot put.
Ashland's women will have one three-event athlete in redshirt freshman Lindsay Baker, who qualified for her first outdoor nationals in the shot put, discus and hammer. Seniors Mackenzie Leigh and Natalie Helenthal will make it a trio of Eagle women hammer throwers, and junior Ellie Jindra will go to Texas in the high jump.
ASHLAND UNIVERSITY 2019 NCAA DIVISION II OUTDOOR NATIONALS SCHEDULE
Thursday, May 23
- 12:30 p.m. Central/1:30 p.m. Eastern – women's hammer throw (Leigh No. 2 seed, Helenthal No. 5 seed, Baker No. 8 seed)
- 3:30 p.m. Central/4:30 p.m. Eastern – men's hammer throw (Hill No. 4 seed, Zak No. 9 seed, Fairbanks No. 11 seed, Toth No. 21 seed)
- 6:40 p.m. Central/7:40 p.m. Eastern – men's 400 dash prelims (Pringle No. 1 seed, Phillips No. 16 seed)
- 8:40 p.m. Central/9:40 p.m. Eastern – men's 400 hurdles prelims (Bassitt No. 2 seed)
Friday, May 24
- 1:30 p.m. Central/2:30 p.m. Eastern – women's discus throw (Baker No. 15 seed)
- 4:30 p.m. Central/5:30 p.m. Eastern – men's discus throw (Hill No. 16 seed)
- 5:05 p.m. Central/6:05 p.m. Eastern – women's high jump (Jindra No. 11 seed)
- 5:50 p.m. Central/6:50 p.m. Eastern – men's 200 dash prelims (Pringle No. 15 seed)
- 6:55 p.m. Central/7:55 p.m. Eastern – men's 110 hurdles prelims (Bassitt No. 3 seed)
- 8:10 p.m. Central/9:10 p.m. Eastern – men's 4x400 relay prelims (No. 4 seed)
Saturday, May 25
- 1:15 p.m. Central/2:15 p.m. Eastern – women's shot put (Baker No. 1 seed)
- 5:05 p.m. Central/6:05 p.m. Eastern – men's shot put (Glass No. 18 seed)
- 5:30 p.m. Central/6:30 p.m. Eastern – men's high jump (Pringle No. 10 seed)
- 6:05 p.m. Central/7:05 p.m. Eastern – men's 110 hurdles finals (Bassitt, if qualify)
- 6:25 p.m. Central/7:25 p.m. Eastern – men's 400 dash finals (Pringle and Phillips, if qualify)
- 7:30 p.m. Central/8:30 p.m. Eastern – men's 400 hurdles finals (Bassitt, if qualify)
- 7:55 p.m. Central/8:55 p.m. Eastern – men's 200 dash finals (Pringle, if qualify)
- 9:05 p.m. Central/10:05 p.m. Eastern – men's 4x400 relay finals (if qualify)