As announced by the NCAA on Tuesday (Feb. 26) night, 13 Ashland University men and women will represent the Eagle track and field teams at the 2019 NCAA Division II Indoor Championships, March 8-9 at Pittsburg State (Kan.).
Senior Myles Pringle, in his final indoor nationals, will look to add to his combined five national titles and 14 All-American honors indoors and outdoors, having qualified in the 400-meter dash, high jump and in the 4x400 relay, along with sophomore Channing Phillips, freshmen Brayden Chaney and junior Paul Murray. Pringle is the No. 1 seed in the men's 400 dash.
Sophomore Trevor Bassitt will go to nationals in a pair of events, the 400 dash and 60 hurdles.
And perhaps the hardest-charging Eagle heading to Kansas is junior Ellie Jindra, who has come on of late to be the No. 3 seed in the women's high jump.
2019 ASHLAND UNIVERSITY NCAA DIVISION II INDOOR TRACK NATIONALS SELECTEES
- Sophomore Trevor Bassitt – 400 dash and 60 hurdles
- Sophomore Brent Fairbanks – weight throw
- Junior Alex Hill – weight throw
- Sophomore Channing Phillips – 400 dash
- Senior Myles Pringle – 400 dash and high jump
- Senior Jim Toth – weight throw
- Junior Nick Zak – weight throw
- Redshirt freshman Lindsay Baker – shot put and weight throw
- Senior Natalie Helenthal – weight throw
- Junior Ellie Jindra – high jump
- Senior Mackenzie Leigh – weight throw
2019 ASHLAND UNIVERSITY NCAA DIVISION II INDOOR TRACK NATIONALS SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- March 8, 2:25 p.m. – women's weight throw (Helenthal, Leigh, Baker)
- March 8, 2:45 p.m. – men's 60 hurdles prelims (Bassitt)
- March 8, 3:40 p.m. – men's high jump (Pringle)
- March 8, 4:20 p.m. – men's 400 dash prelims (Bassitt, Phillips, Pringle)
- March 8, 4:55 p.m. – men's weight throw (Fairbanks, Hill, Zak, Toth)
- March 9, 2:30 p.m. – women's shot put (Baker)
- March 9, 3:30 p.m. – women's high jump (Jindra)
- March 9, 5:10 p.m. – men's 60 hurdles finals (Bassitt, if qualify)
- March 9, 6:10 p.m. – men's 400 dash finals (Bassitt, Phillips, Pringle, if qualify)
- March 9, 8 p.m. – men's 4x400 relay (Phillips/Pringle/Chaney/Murray)