The official list of qualifiers for 2018 NCAA Division II indoor nationals has been released, and 14 Ashland University men and women will be making the trip March 9-10 at Pittsburg State in Pittsburg, Kan.
Leading the Eagle contingent is junior Myles Pringle, who will compete in the men's 200-meter dash, men's 400 dash, men's high jump, and as part of the men's 4x400 relay, along with freshmen Trevor Bassitt, Brenden Archer and Channing Phillips.
Bassitt is the other Eagle men's athlete competing in two events, along with the 60 hurdles.
Ashland men's team members who will compete in one event each are freshman Brent Fairbanks (weight throw), sophomore Jake Glass (shot put), sophomore Alex Hill (weight throw), senior Elijah Talk (shot put) and sophomore Nick Zak (weight throw).
On the women's side, freshman Gianna DiPippo will go to Kansas to be in the weight throw and the shot put. Senior Hannah Bartlome will compete in the high jump, senior Marie Hammer in the pentathlon, and juniors Natalie Helenthal and Mackenzie Leigh will take part in the weight throw.
The top-ranked Ashland athletes heading into indoor nationals are Pringle (first in the 400-meter dash, 46.42 seconds; first in the high jump, 2.18 meters/7-feet-1¾), Hill (first in the weight throw, 22.49 meters/73-feet-9½) and Fairbanks (second in the weight throw, 22.16 meters/72-feet-8½) on the men's side, and Helenthal (fifth in the weight throw, 19.65 meters/64-feet-5¾) on the women's side.
LIST OF ASHLAND UNIVERSITY ATHLETES GOING TO 2018 INDOOR NATIONALS
- Senior Hannah Bartlome, high jump
- Freshman Gianna DiPippo, weight throw, shot put
- Senior Marie Hammer, pentathlon
- Junior Natalie Helenthal, weight throw
- Junior Mackenzie Leigh, weight throw
- Freshman Trevor Bassitt, 60 hurdles
- Freshman Brent Fairbanks, weight throw
- Sophomore Jake Glass, shot put
- Sophomore Alex Hill, weight throw
- Junior Myles Pringle, 200 dash, 400 dash, high jump
- Senior Elijah Talk, shot put
- Sophomore Nick Zak, weight throw