Ashland University's women's basketball team once again is the No. 1-ranked team in the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) Division II Coaches' Poll.
This poll, however, allows the Eagles to tie a record.
- On Tuesday (Nov. 28), Ashland (6-0) remained atop the WBCA Coaches' Poll for the 15th straight time in the regular season/postseason, tying the record set by Cal Poly Pomona (Jan. 5, 1985-Feb. 8, 1987) and matched by Bentley (Nov. 19, 2013-April 1, 2014). The official D-II women's basketball poll started in 1982-83.
- Ashland is ranked No. 1 in the regular season/postseason for the 27th time, fourth-most in the history of the poll, trailing only North Dakota (37), North Dakota State (33) and Cal Poly Pomona (32).
- The Eagles are the unanimous top-ranked team in the country for the 19th time, preseason and during the season.
- Tuesday's poll also is the longest active regular-season/postseason streak for a D-II women's basketball team in the top 5 at 19.
- Playing as the No. 1-ranked team in the country, both preseason and during the season, the Eagles have an all-time record of 58-1.
Ashland will begin 2017-18 Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference play on Thursday (Nov. 30) at 5:30 p.m. at Lake Superior State. The Eagles enter the game at the Lakers on a 43-game winning streak, third-best in the history of NCAA Division II women's basketball.
2017-18 WBCA POLL RANKINGS: No. 1 (preseason, Nov. 21 and Nov. 28).
ASHLAND WOMEN'S BASKETBALL WBCA TOP 25 POLL HISTORY (INCLUDING PRESEASON)
Weeks in rankings: 72
Weeks in Top 10: 56
Weeks in Top 5: 49
Weeks at No. 1: 29
Most consecutive weeks in rankings: 37 (current)
Most consecutive weeks in Top 10: 31 (current)
Most consecutive weeks in Top 5: 23
Most consecutive weeks at No. 1: 16 (current)
Highest ranking: No. 1
Highest final ranking: No. 1 (2012-13 and 2016-17)
Full seasons in rankings: 3 (2012-13, 2015-16 and 2016-17)
Full seasons in Top 10: 2 (2012-13 and 2016-17)
Full seasons in Top 5: 2 (2012-13 and 2016-17)
Current streak: 37