Ashland University's men's and women's outdoor track and field teams have grown their list of automatic and provisional nationals marks substantially in recent weeks.
The Eagle men and women, both ranked 12th in Division II, have combined for three automatic and 22 provisional efforts for the 2015 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Nationals, May 21-23 in Allendale, Mich.
Senior Drew Windle turned in the country's fastest outdoor men's 800-meter run (1:47.80) and junior Elijha Owens ran D-II's best outdoor men's 400-meter hurdles (51.83) race on Friday (April 10) at the All-Ohio Track & Field Championships at Miami University.
Also on Friday in Oxford, junior Jamie Sindelar turned in the country's second-best outdoor distance in the women's shot put at 16.12 meters/52-feet-10¾.
During the course of both Friday and Saturday (April 11) at the All-Ohio meet, senior Shatora Lewis provisionally qualified for three events – the women's shot put (13.94 meters/45-feet-9), discus throw (45.72 meters/150-feet-0) and hammer throw (53.05 meters/174-feet-0).
The Eagles' next action will be Friday (April 17) and Saturday (April 18) at the Walsh Invitational.
AU MEN'S AUTOMATIC QUALIFIERS (two individuals)
- Bryn Campbell, sophomore, hammer throw (64.82 meters/212-feet-8)
- Drew Windle, senior, 800-meter run (1:47.80)
AU WOMEN'S AUTOMATIC QUALIFIERS (one individual)
- Jamie Sindelar, junior, shot put (16.12 meters/52-feet-10¾)
AU MEN'S PROVISIONAL QUALIFIERS (10 individuals, one relay)
- Zac Ball, senior, hammer throw (63.90 meters/209-feet-8)
- Jared Conklin, senior, hammer throw (62.60 meters/205-feet-4)
- Jordan Crayon, sophomore, hammer throw (63.08 meters/206-feet-11)
- Clayton Jury, freshman, hammer throw (58.90 meters/193-feet-3)
- David Knack, junior, 5,000-meter run (14:23.86)
- Elijha Owens, junior, 110-meter high hurdles (14.07) and 400-meter hurdles (51.83)
- Zac Papay, junior, shot put (16.43 meters/53-feet-11)
- Mack Taylor, senior, hammer throw (61.49 meters/201-feet-9)
- Drew Windle, senior, 1,500-meter run (3:45.92)
- Jason Zahn, sophomore, discus throw (50.74 meters/166-feet-6) and shot put (16.45 meters/53-feet-11¾)
AU WOMEN'S PROVISIONAL QUALIFIERS (five individuals)
- Jessica Bridenthal, senior, shot put (13.88 meters/45-feet-6½) and hammer throw (58.62 meters/192-feet-4)
- Kim Habegger, senior, hammer throw (58.02 meters/190-feet-4)
- Shatora Lewis, senior, shot put (13.94 meters/45-feet-9), discus throw (45.72 meters/150-feet-0) and hammer throw (53.05 meters/174-feet-0)
- Jamie Sindelar, junior, discus throw (47.97 meters/157-feet-4)
- Megan Tomei, sophomore, shot put (13.83 meters/45-feet-4½) and hammer throw (56.04 meters/183-feet-10)