Twelve Ashland University outdoor track and field athletes have earned provisional-qualifying marks for the 2015 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Nationals, May 21-23 in Allendale, Mich.
Junior Jamie Sindelar has the second-best Division II women's shot put effort outdoors this season (15.54 meters/51-feet-0), and senior Drew Windle has the third-fastest men's 1,500-meter run in the country (3:45.92).
Both AU squads will be back in action on Friday (April 10) and Saturday (April 11) at the All-Ohio meet at Miami University.
AU MEN'S PROVISIONAL QUALIFIERS (8)
- Zac Ball, senior, hammer throw (63.90 meters/209-feet-8)
- Jared Conklin, senior, hammer throw (59.21 meters/194-feet-3)
- Clayton Jury, freshman, hammer throw (57.75 meters/189-feet-6)
- David Knack, junior, 5,000-meter run (14:23.86)
- Elijha Owens, senior, 110-meter high hurdles (14.07) and 400-meter hurdles (53.34)
- Mack Taylor, senior, hammer throw (60.02 meters/196-feet-11)
- Drew Windle, senior, 800-meter run (1:49.92) and 1,500-meter run (3:45.92)
- Jason Zahn, sophomore, discus throw (49.42 meters/162-feet-2)
AU WOMEN'S PROVISIONAL QUALIFIERS (4)
- Jessica Bridenthal, senior, shot put (13.62 meters/44-feet-8¼) and hammer throw (56.75 meters/186-feet-2)
- Kim Habegger, senior, hammer throw (58.02 meters/190-feet-4)
- Jamie Sindelar, junior, shot put (15.54 meters/51-feet-0) and discus throw (47.97 meters/157-feet-4)
- Megan Tomei, sophomore, shot put (13.61 meters/44-feet-8) and hammer throw (56.04 meters/183-feet-10)