Seven Ashland University outdoor track and field athletes have earned provisional-qualifying marks for the 2015 NCAA Division II Outdoor Track & Field Nationals, May 21-23 in Allendale, Mich.
Senior Drew Windle has the second-fastest times in Division II in the early outdoor season in both the men's 800-meter run (1:49.92) and the men's 1,500-meter run (3:45.92), both coming on Friday (March 27) at the Raleigh (N.C.) Relays.
Fellow senior Zac Ball has the fourth-best effort in the men's hammer throw so far this spring at 63.20 meters/207-feet-4.
On the women's side, senior Kim Habegger has posted the second-best women's hammer throw in D-II this spring at 58.02 meters/190-feet-4.
The Eagle men's and women's outdoor track and field teams' next action will be Friday (April 3) and Saturday (April 4) at the University of Akron and at Mount Union.
ASHLAND MEN'S PROVISIONAL QUALIFIERS (6)
- Zac Ball, senior, hammer throw (63.20 meters/207-feet-4)
- Clayton Jury, freshman, hammer throw (55.89 meters/183-feet-4)
- David Knack, 5,000-meter run (14:23.86)
- Elijha Owens, 110-meter high hurdles (14.21)
- Mack Taylor, hammer throw (55.72 meters/182-feet-10)
- Drew Windle, 800-meter run (1:49.92) and 1,500-meter run (3:45.92)
ASHLAND WOMEN'S PROVISIONAL QUALIFIERS (1)
- Kim Habegger, hammer throw (58.02 meters/190-feet-4)