Ashland University's outdoor track and field program had athletes competing for a second day at the Alan Connie Shamrock Invitational in Myrtle Beach, S.C. on Friday (March 20).
The men's 400-meter hurdles saw sophomore William Robinson take second in 57.19. In the men's 400-meter dash, freshman Halen Witcher was fifth in 50.37, while junior Columbus Millet took eighth in 52.26.
In the women's high jump, freshman Hannah Bartlome was tied for fourth with a top effort of 1.50 meters.
In the men's 110-meter hurdle prelims, senior Elijha Owens advanced to Saturday's (March 21)'s finals with a fifth-place showing of 14.35 – good for a provisional standard for the 2015 NCAA Division II Track & Field Championships.
On Saturday, the Shamrock Invite will conclude with the following athletes also competing:
- Men's 200-meter dash – Millet.
- Women's 400-meter dash – Abby Strock.
- Men's 400-meter hurdles – Owens and Waquiem Comar.
- Women's long jump – Abby Shafer, Isabella Stoll and Holston.
- Women's javelin throw – Bartlome.
- Women's shot put – Bartlome.
- Men's high jump – Barnes.
- Women's triple jump – Stoll and Holston.
- Men's triple jump – Herman and Hence.