Ten Ashland University softball players have landed 2016-17 National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA) All-America Scholar-Athlete honors.
In alphabetical order, the Eagles to earn the honor were:
- Sophomore first baseman Kylie Asmus
- Junior catcher/designated player Sadie Cunningham
- Sophomore catcher/designated player Halle Dorko
- Sophomore outfielder Laura Girgash
- Sophomore first baseman/designated player Katie Manahan
- Junior pitcher Paige McMenemy
- Sophomore outfielder Katie Mitchell
- Freshman second baseman Camille Pollutro
- Sophomore pitcher Hannah Stroe
- Sophomore second baseman/third baseman Paige Summers
Student-athletes who achieve a 3.5 or better GPA on a 4.0 scale are recognized as NFCA Scholar-Athletes.
Ashland's players are among a record 7,351 softball players overall across seven membership divisions, and 1,268 in NCAA Division II, who garnered 2016-17 NFCA All-American Scholar-Athlete laurels.