The call has come…again.
Ashland University's softball team has earned a spot in the NCAA Division II postseason for the seventh consecutive season, and 13th time overall. The Eagles, ranked No. 20 in the country, are 38-8 overall, and will begin split Midwest Regional play as the No. 3 seed against No. 6 seed Truman (33-14) on Friday (May 8) at 2:30 p.m. at the University of Indianapolis.
In the other Indianapolis split regional opener, No. 2 seed Indianapolis (42-12) and No. 7 seed Trevecca Nazarene (38-8) will face off at noon.
The other split Midwest Regional will be at Missouri-St. Louis, and feature No. 1 seed UMSL (44-6), No. 4 seed Grand Valley State (32-15), No. 5 seed Southern Indiana (37-9) and No. 8 seed Wayne State (42-17-1).
Each split regional is double-elimination.
AU finished second in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference during the regular season, and 2-2 in last weekend's GLIAC Tournament. Ashland had winning streaks of 12 and 11 games during the regular season.
The Eagles softball program is 18-24 all-time in the NCAA Division II postseason.
2015 NCAA DIVISION II INDIANAPOLIS SPLIT MIDWEST REGIONAL SCHEDULE
- Game 1 - Indianapolis vs. Trevecca Nazarene, May 8, noon
- Game 2 - ASHLAND vs. Truman, May 8, 2:30 p.m.
- Game 3 - Winner of Game 1 vs. winner of Game 2, May 9, 10 a.m.
- Game 4 - Loser of Game 1 vs. loser of Game 2, May 9, 12:30 p.m.
- Game 5 – Winner of Game 4 vs. loser of Game 3, May 9, 3 p.m.
- Game 6 – Winner of Game 3 vs. winner of Game 5, May 10, noon
- Game 7 (if necessary) – second championship game, May 10, 2:30 p.m.