Phone: 419.289.5449 (Kates Gym) | 419.207.6195 (Troop Center)
Monday – Friday
Morning hours: 8 a.m. – noon (evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation)
Afternoon hours: 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- All student athletes are expected to report to the athletic training room for any injury acquired during the school year.
- An injured student athlete or one needing treatment, rehabilitation and/or evaluation is expected to report to the athletic training room during the morning treatment hours. If an athlete is unable to receive treatment during the morning hours, it is their responsibility to contact the athletic training room to arrange for treatment outside of the morning hours.
- The hours of 1:00 – 5:00 PM are RESERVED for the preparation of in-season athletes. NO regular treatments will be given at this time.
- The last morning therapy will start at 11:50.
- After 5 p.m., ice will be available at the Eagle’s Nest.
- Weekend treatments and evaluations must be arranged through the athlete’s respective Certified Athletic Trainer.
- The athletic training room will be open one and one half hours prior to the start of each home event. This time is designated for the preparation of athletes – home and visiting teams – NOT treatment and evaluation.
- The taping of athletes is at the discretion of the Staff Athletic Trainers.
- The AU Student Health Center will be the first physician or physician assistant to evaluate an injury, unless there is an emergency situation.
- Athletes must make an appointment through the Athletic Training Room to be examined at the Student Health Center for an injury.
- It is the responsibility of the injured athlete to complete all insurance claim forms at the Student Health Center within 30 business days from the time of injury.
- With any athletic injury, a second opinion may be requested by the athlete. All second opinions and referrals must be mutually agreed upon by the Student Health Center to ensure compliance with athletic insurance coverage.
Athletic Training Room Rules
- All athletes must check-in with the athletic trainer prior to any treatment being provided.
- All athletes must sign in at the front desk prior to treatments.
- No cleats, spikes, or athlete equipment bags are allowed in the training room.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the training room.
- No chewing tobacco or any use of such substance is allowed at any time.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times in the training room. Shoes and shirts required.
- No shoes are allowed on the training room.
- No loitering.
- Excessive vulgar language and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- Athletes will not touch or adjust the modalities used in the athletic training room.
- All athletes will shower before entering the athletic training room or whirlpools.
- All athletes will treat all athletic training staff and students with respect at all times.